True Sheet: Update Your I-POD!

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Update Your I-POD!

Almost everyone has the one go-to play list. I have 23. I can never just get rid of a play list because I have so much history with it. Think of your play list.

What was there when you turned 16 and got your first car?
What was there when you took that road trip to New Hampshire?
What was there when your heart was broken for the first time?

Your play list was there. However, you can make new memories with each play list you make. It's not like your dumping your old play list for a younger, hotter, play list. You are just adding play lists to your life. Here are five 2008 album releases you might consider adding to your new play list:

1. Kate Nash , Made of Bricks



The album is full of thought provoking, upbeat lyrics. Any of her songs fit nicely on a "Getting Ready For A Date" play list. Come on, we all have one.





2. Josh Groban ,Awake



Awake is the third album released by Josh. He has added a bit of pop sound but retains the hard core christian lyrics. Might I suggest adding these songs to a "Sunday Morning Pre-Game" play list.




4. The Counting Crows, Saturday Nights and Sunday Mornings


This album is a bit more heavy than the band's past albums. The riffs are stronger and the lyrics are tighter. This album isn't the old crows of Mr. Jones, these crows are B.A! Songs from this album should probably not be on a play list that you listen to while driving, but on some sort of raging play list. Maybe they will find a home on a "I'm so Excited" play list.


3. Mike Doughty, Golden Delicious


Albums with this much poetic beauty are rare. Find it. Buy it. And put it on a "Walking in Nature" play list.






5. Beach House, Devotion


Devotion is a perfect example of an album you play when it rains, when you hope it will rain, or if you step in a puddle and it reminds you of rain.
Songs from this album belong on a "It's Wet Outside" play list.

2 Comments:

Christine M said...

I am right there with you when it comes to not being able to delete playlists. It's so hard to get rid of "songs from freshman year," even though I clearly can't go back to that time. Music and memories just go together.

Monica DiDonato said...

I remember making a playlist specifically for my first drive in my car. The first song was Cadillac by Mest. I still have that CD somewhere in my car.